Movement, water and art have been the great passions and influences in my life. In the water, mainly on the diving board, I spent my childhood and youth and still today an important part of my life takes place in the water. I have combined my fascination for movement, design, arts and crafts as a freelance costume designer for modern dance for the past 20 years. I am very fortunate to have worked for various choreographers at many different theaters all over Europe.
rip307 swimwear brings together all these elements: my swimwear collection reflects my entire know-how, my passion and all my experience as a designer, artist, swimming teacher, diver and athlete. I develop all the patterns and prototyps myself. Together with athletes, swimming teachers, producers, textile developers and artists I produce swim suits that live up to my demands as a sportswomen as well as an artist.
key points in my life
in the water
• multiple swiss diving champion, member of the Olympic team (1980)
• swimming teacher for children, lifeguard
• FINA judge diving
• still swimming regularly
in the arts
• bachelor of Science in economy
• further studies at the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York in Accessories
• certified apparel pattern maker, Textilfachschule Zürich
• various further studies in textile design, art design, arts and crafts
• freelance costume designer for modern dance over 20 years